We Remember Caylee Marie Anthony

We Remember Caylee Marie Anthony
Last Photo of Caylee: 6.15.08

Thursday, February 12, 2009

*REPOST* Haleigh Cummings: Inconsistencies in Girlfriend's Statements; No Forced Entry To Home...UPDATES


Inconsistencies in Girlfriend's Story? "I Loved That Little Girl As If She Were My Own", Girlfriend Uses Past Tense In Statements, Adds New Details To Her Story. Police State "27 Minute Lapse Between Finding Haleigh Missing and 911 Call". Also, Girlfriend States Now, That Children Were Asleep In Another Room, Not Together In Same Bed."

The 17-year-old girlfriend of a man whose 5-year-old daughter disappeared early Tuesday morning said that she woke up, found the kitchen light on, the back door wide open and the girl missing.
Haleigh Cummings was last seen at 10 p.m. Monday in her father's mobile home in Satsuma, where Misty Croslin said she put the girl to sleep in a bedroom with her 3-year-old brother. At 3:30 a.m., the girl was reported missing. By first light, a massive search was under way and an Amber Alert was issued.
Croslin has been interviewed by detectives and volunteered to take a lie-detector test -- which she said she passed -- but had not spoken publicly until midday Thursday when she spoke to a local reporter.
"I didn't hear anything at all. If I'd heard something, I would have got up and I wouldn't have let them take her," Croslin said.
Croslin said after putting Haleigh to sleep about 8 p.m., she was up doing laundry, which was right by the back door, which she knew was locked when she went back in the bedroom. She said she put a blanket on Haleigh and lay down beside her.
It's unclear whether Croslin left the bedroom prior to Haleigh disappearing. Croslin's account indicates that she left the room at some point. She said she woke up about 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom.
Misty Croslin tearfully describes waking up, finding the back door of their mobile home open and Haleigh gone.


VIDEO:UNCUT: Girlfriend Talks About Finding Haleigh Gone



"I didn't make it to the bathroom. I seen the kitchen light on and I walked in the kitchen and the back door is wide open," Croslin told reporter, Laura Mazzeo. "I go in the room and she's gone. And that's all I know. When I went to bed she was there and then when I got up and she was gone."
Police have said they believe Croslin was with Haleigh until waking up at 3 a.m. Investigators said Croslin called 911 to report the girl missing about the time Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings Jr., came home from working a night shift at his job in Palatka.
Croslin said she and Cummings, 25, had been dating for five months. Cummings had legal custody of Haleigh and her brother.
Croslin said Haleigh and her 3-year-old brother "look at me like their mom."
"I love her like she's my own," she said. "I just want her to come home."
Croslin said she doesn't blame herself, but she's emotionally devastated and just want to know that Haleigh is safe.
"I wished they'd took me instead of her, because I could have fought," Croslin said. "She's only 5; she can't really do anything. What do they want with a little 5-year-old?"
Cummings also spoke Thursday, defending Croslin and addressing rumors that he or his girlfriend were involved in Haleigh's disappearance.
"She had nothing to do with this. I had nothing to do with this," Cummings said. "I have been slandered as a sorry father. Obviously, in most cases, fathers don't get custody of their children. A lot of people are talking like this is a custody battle. It's not a custody battle. It's about finding my 5-year-old daughter."



report courtesy: Lauren Mazzeo for Channel 4, Jacksonville, (exclusive report)

No comments:

Remember Caylee

Song: "Mad World" Gary Jules "I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.. It's a mad, mad world.." Video courtesy Sean Krause '08 Sleep Well Friend, Justice for Caylee has finally begun ~SM 6.23.11

2008-2011 © spoiledmom

photos: 2008 -2011 © spoiledmom images
(excludes media photos where indictated and credited to owner)

Page protected by CopyScape program to deter plagiarism.
I wrote it, don't steal it, copy it or publish as your own without author's express written consent.

copyright 2008-2011 "SpoiledMom". "All Rights Reserved" under Creative Commons Copyright. Includes all text, including, but not limited to, captions and post titles. Text not authored by SpoiledMom is credited to original author or reference.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

What Makes Me Spoiled.....

My photo
United States
child of God, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Friend. Live life with arms wide open, living, laughing, and loving out loud. Blessed for each day I am given. Cancer survivor x 2. And for this... I am Spoiled.