We Remember Caylee Marie Anthony

We Remember Caylee Marie Anthony
Last Photo of Caylee: 6.15.08

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Just Push Play

















In case you haven't heard, Yahoo, has started a new search engine, Shine .
It is geared toward the 25-32 year old female demographic. I thought I would surf over and check it out. It has a nice layout. Simple interface, and some interesting features.
What I found were articles on Money, Fashion and Beauty, love+sex, Home, Parenting, Food,Healthy Living, and everything Britney in Entertainment.
Something that caught my eye in a matter of seconds was in the love+sex section of the site. Seems the new fury of young parents have something they call "push play". Now, this could come to mind a plethora of images and ideas, but it is actually what it says. Plopping your child down in front of the t.v. and "push play" so mommy and daddy can get their groove on.
Videos are also listed with running times for suggestions. Any mother knows that a child left alone can magically do anything in the mere blink of an eye. I have seen horror stories on t.v. of children left alone "just for a second". I know that romance is important in a relationship, but is it worth 90 minutes of "Rattatouille" and endangering your child?
Even the 30 minutes that the author, Jason Avant, suggests is the point that his son gets ancy. During that time, a child that age could get into a wonder of danger, just from exploring. We mom's know what toddlers do when they know no one is looking. Wait a second, website-"Shine"; "new search engine for Women". Author of this lovely post, "Jason Avant". No wonder we are talking about plopping toddlers down in front of movies to get a quickie or as Shine calls it "push play".
A man's perspective on a website search geared for women. Hmm, I call that some sort of brainwashing, but you decide for yourself.
I, however, use my awake time to spend with my children, making memories and wearing them out so that they promptly go to sleep on schedule. Yes, there are some nights that everything doesn't run quite so smoothly. They do, however, eventually go to sleep and I have all the time in the world, until I pass out, to have romantic time.
I also do not have to worry about knocks on the door and interruptions.

Would love to hear your feelings on:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/push-play-date-kids-movies-that-let-mom-and-dad-have-a-quickie-153547/

No comments:

Remember Caylee

Song: "Mad World" Gary Jules "I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.. It's a mad, mad world.." Video courtesy Sean Krause '08 Sleep Well Friend, Justice for Caylee has finally begun ~SM 6.23.11

2008-2011 © spoiledmom

photos: 2008 -2011 © spoiledmom images
(excludes media photos where indictated and credited to owner)

Page protected by CopyScape program to deter plagiarism.
I wrote it, don't steal it, copy it or publish as your own without author's express written consent.

copyright 2008-2011 "SpoiledMom". "All Rights Reserved" under Creative Commons Copyright. Includes all text, including, but not limited to, captions and post titles. Text not authored by SpoiledMom is credited to original author or reference.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

What Makes Me Spoiled.....

My photo
United States
child of God, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Friend. Live life with arms wide open, living, laughing, and loving out loud. Blessed for each day I am given. Cancer survivor x 2. And for this... I am Spoiled.