We Remember Caylee Marie Anthony

We Remember Caylee Marie Anthony
Last Photo of Caylee: 6.15.08

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two-Timin' Thursday with Rachel Ray


Okay, I couldn't let this one get away. Two posts in one day...almost as good as Happy Hour at Sonic...heh

Have you heard about Rachel Ray being pulled from the online ad for Dunkin' Donuts?

I posted earlier about how I was soo excited about how my "quaint" little town was getting a Dunkin' Donuts and how I would be able to spoil myself with such caffeinated bliss. I could give a shit about the donuts. I don't do carbs, but give me caffeine anyday. Now that the girls are out of school, it will have to be a special treat, maybe only twice a day because I will have to scrape the bottom of my Coach to pay for their Munchkin bender.

Someone is hatin' on my Rach. And it is all over a SCARF. Rachel says it was picked out by her stylist, and was not given a second thought. (Rach-I know you have a Hermes, Chanel, or hell, because you are so cool and like one of the girls, you probably have a scarf from Target) Plus, you don't even like Dunkin' Donuts coffee, remember??

Here's the lowdown:

A report by MSNBC.com says a Dunkin' Donuts television ad featuring talk show host Rachael Ray was recently pulled after Fox News commentator, Michelle Malkin, associated it with terrorism. (WTF?!) According to Malkin's syndicated column, Ray is wearing a scarf that resembles a kiffiyeh. Malkin said the garment was "popularized by Yasser Arafat and a regular adornment of Muslim terrorists appearing in beheading and hostage-taking videos," according to the MSNBC.com report.

..........................................................................................................................................................
January 16, 2008:
So a friend of mine was on set last week as Rachael Ray filmed her latest Dunkin' Donuts commercial. According to her, Rachael stormed onto the set and snapped at everyone.....I am also told she took one sip of her Dunkin' Donuts coffee, yelled “What is this shit? Get me MY coffee,” and would not continue until she was given “her” coffee — i.e., Starbucks.
........................................................................................................................................................

The keffiyeh, for the clueless, is the traditional scarf of Arab men that has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad. Popularized by Yasser Arafat and a regular adornment of Muslim terrorists appearing in beheading and hostage-taking videos, the apparel has been mainstreamed by both ignorant (and not so ignorant) fashion designers, celebrities and left-wing icons," Malkin, who declared herself a fan of the Dunkin' Donuts, wrote in her nationally syndicated column. Although reluctant at first and denying any intentional similarity between the black and white wrap and a keffieh, the coffee and donut retailer eventually caved in
after the right-wing firestorm continued on the internet and by yesterday they had yanked
the ad."In a recent online ad, Rachael Ray is wearing a black-and-white silk scarf with a paisley design. It was selected by her stylist for the advertising shoot. Absolutely no symbolism was intended. However, given the possibility of misperception, we are no longer using the commercial," Dunkin' executives explained in a statement. Further on, Malkin promptly
responded to the company's statement, praising their sensitivity "to the concerns of Americans opposed to Islamic jihad and its apologists."

Somehow, I do not think this is going to hurt Rachel. I will still watch her, envy her self-taught culinary skills, adore her cute self and do so drinking my Dunkin' Donuts coffee, because it is closer to me now than Starbucks.

As a footnote, this being another reason, of many, as to why I do not watch Fox News. I fear Malkin more than Rach, truth be told.

Shit-stirrers.


Love ya, Rach!


spoiledmom

No comments:

Remember Caylee

Song: "Mad World" Gary Jules "I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.. It's a mad, mad world.." Video courtesy Sean Krause '08 Sleep Well Friend, Justice for Caylee has finally begun ~SM 6.23.11

2008-2011 © spoiledmom

photos: 2008 -2011 © spoiledmom images
(excludes media photos where indictated and credited to owner)

Page protected by CopyScape program to deter plagiarism.
I wrote it, don't steal it, copy it or publish as your own without author's express written consent.

copyright 2008-2011 "SpoiledMom". "All Rights Reserved" under Creative Commons Copyright. Includes all text, including, but not limited to, captions and post titles. Text not authored by SpoiledMom is credited to original author or reference.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

What Makes Me Spoiled.....

My photo
United States
child of God, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Friend. Live life with arms wide open, living, laughing, and loving out loud. Blessed for each day I am given. Cancer survivor x 2. And for this... I am Spoiled.