We Remember Caylee Marie Anthony

We Remember Caylee Marie Anthony
Last Photo of Caylee: 6.15.08

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Transcript of Kiomarie J. Torres Cruz With LE Dated 8/12/08

Orange County Sheriff's Office
Arrest Affidavit - Casey Marie Anthony
Date of Arrest: 07/16/2008 16:33:00
Case # 08-CF-10925
Discovery Documents Set#2 (Pages 85-90)
SUPPLEMENT #13 - INCIDENT REPORT (08/12/08)


:Narrative: My involvement with this case included face to face engagements with Brian Burner, Kiomarie J.Torres Cruz, and representatives from the Bank of America located in Apopka, Florida. I was present with Detective Clark, Detective Kraubetz and assisted in conducting a search of Anthony Lazzaro's apartment at the direction of Detective Corporal Yuir Melich. I also participated in the door to door canvass of the Sutton Place Apartments and I screened several telephone calls and forward the information gained from the apartment canvass and from those calls to the analysts coordinating the tips and leads.
BRIAN BURNER ENGAGEMENT
On July 17th, 2008, at approximately 1500 hours, Detective Sergeant John Allen asked me to meet with Mr. Brian Burner in reference to obtaining a sworn statement from him detailing his knowledge into the disappearance of Caylee Anthony. Sergeant Allen gave me Mr. Burner's cellular telephone number and asked me to call him to 'arrange our meeting. At approximately 1508 hours, I called Mr. Burner and introduced myself as the detective who was coming to meet with him. Mr. Burner told me he would meet me in the parking lot of a business called H&B Trading Company located at 6855 President's Drive, Orlando, Florida. He said he would be driving a maroon Ford Taurus.I left the Orange County Sheriff's Office Central Operation Complex and drove to H&B Trading Company. I arrived at approximately 1525 hours and puled up next to a maroon Ford Taurus which was parked alone in the parking lot of the business. The sole occupant of the car was a white male who later identified himself to me as Brain

Orange County Sheriff's Office
Arrest Affidavit - Casey Marie Anthony
Date of Arrest: 07/16/2008 16:33:00
Case # 08-CF-10925
Discovery Documents Set#2 (Pages 85-90)
SUPPLEMENT #13 - INCIDENT REPORT (08/12/08)

:Burner. I asked him if he wanted to speak with me in my car our his car; he agreed to sit in my car to talk. Mr. Burner sat in the front passenger seat of my unmarked patrol car. We engaged in a brief greeting and short conversation about the why he wanted to speak with a detective. Afterwards, Mr. Burner agreed to allow me to record his statements as I thought they may be
pertinent to the case. Mr. Burner presented his Florida Driver's License to me, at my request, so that I could confirm his identity. I copied the information onto my notepad and returned his license to him. I activated the recorder and placed It on the console of the car. Mr. Burner acknowledged that he was a willing participant in the interview and that he was not threatened, promised or coerced in any way for his testimony.Mr. Burner told me that he was in Chicago from June 10th through June 16th, 2008. He said he was not certain whether he returned home the week of the 16th or the following week. He said shortly after he had returned home, he was doing his yard work when Casey Anthony, his neighbor, came over and asked him if she could borrow a shovel to dig up a bamboo root that she had been tripping over. He said he loaned her the shovel and he continued doing his yard work. He said he gave her the shovel and she walked into the garage with it. He said he saw Casey Anthony's car backed into the garage and he thought that was unusual, because she normally parks in the driveway. He said Casey Anthony appeared to be home alone; he said he saw no one else with her and there were no other cars in the driveway. He said he did not see her leave in her car. He said he finished his yard work and locked up his tools. He said he walked back around to the front of his house to see if Casey was done with his shovel and noticed that the garage door was still up and her car was in the garage. He said told his 13 year old son, Nicholas, that if Casey came to the door and rang the door bell, she would be returning his shovel. He told him it would be okay for him to open the door and take the shovel.Mr. Burner said he went inside to take his shower and when he was done he asked Nicholas if Casey had returned the shovel and Nicholas told him that she had not. He estimated approximately 10 more minutes lapsed before Casey returned the shovel. He said Casey rang the front door bell and handed him tile shovel. He said she did not appear to be dirty. She was wearing shorts and a sport top / sport bra. He said she had the shovel for approximately forty five minutes to one hour, from approximately 1330-1430. He said he placed the shovel inside his interior garage door, leaning against the wall and he had not used the shovel since it was placed there. Mr. Burner agreed to allow me to come to his house and collect the shovel for further examination.The interview was recorded with the permission and knowledge of Mr. Brian Burner. The interview lasted for approximately 13 minutes and concluded at approximately 1548 hours. This interview was recorded, copied from the digital recorder to a CD, transcribed from the CD to a typed written transcript and a copy of the audio CD and transcript are attached to this report.At approximately 1550 hours. I called Sergeant Allen and briefed him on the contents of the interview and he instructed me to go to the residence and collect the shovel. I followed Mr. Burner to his residence located at 4929 Hopespring Drive, Orlando, Florida. While enroute to the residence, I called the Orange County Sheriffs Office Crime Scene Investigative Unit and spoke with Mike Vincent, Crime Scene Investigative Unit supervisor and asked him to have a crime scene investigator meet me at 4929 Hopespring Drive, Orlando. Florida to photograph and collect the shovel.At approximately 1600 hours, I called Detective Corporal Yuri Melich and briefed him on the contents of the interview. I told him I was en route to meet a Crime Scene Investigator at Mr. Burner's residence to photograph and collect the shovel. He asked me when I completed my business at Mr. Burner's residence to go next door to the Anthony's house and introduce myself to Cindy and George Anthony and ask them for permission to examine their yard during the daylight hours. At approximately 1632 hours, I arrived at the residence. Mr. Burner invited me inside his residence. Once inside the front door, he opened the interior garage door, which was immediately to my left after walking through the front door and showed me the shovel leaning against the wall. He told me the shovel has not been used or moved since he set it there over a month ago after Casey Anthony used it.At approximately 1638 hours, Mr. Burner willingly signed without threat, promise or coercion the Waiver and Affidavit I Consent to Search form allowing the sheriffs office personnel to come into his home and collect the shovel. At approximately 1645 hours, Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) Gerardo Bloise arrived at the residence and began his investigation. I partially completed a Property Form for Investigator Bloise and ask Mr. Burner to sign the form indicating that he is aware that we were taking his shovel. He signed the form at approximately 1650 hours and was given a receipt of the form after CSI Bloise completed his sections of the form. CSI Bloise photographed and collected the shovel with his latex gloved hands. I assisted him, at his request, by holding the

Orange County Sheriff's Office
Arrest Affidavit - Casey Marie Anthony
Date of Arrest: 07/16/2008 16:33:00Case # 08-CF-10925
Discovery Documents Set#2 (Pages 85-90)
SUPPLEMENT #13 - INCIDENT REPORT (08/12/08):

two large bags used to package the shovel. CSI Bloise placed the shovel inside the large paper bags.At approximately 1705 hours, I conducted a second interview with Mr. Burner to establish the consent and collection of the shovel. I also needed to clarify whether Casey Anthony's car was inside the garage that day or just parked in the driveway, He confirmed allowing and inviting us [Orange County Sheriffs Office personnel] into his home to collect the shovel. He confirmed that the car was backed all the way into the garage and not parked in the driveway.The interview was recorded with the permission and knowledge of Mr. Brian Burner. The interview lasted for approximately 1 minute 37 seconds and concluded at approximately 1707 hours. This interview was recorded, copied from the digital recorder to a CD, transcribed from the CD to a typed written transcript and a copy of the audio CD and transcript are attached to this report.At approximately 1715 hours, I completed my business at the Burner's home and walked next door to the Anthony's home. I knocked on the front door and was invited inside. Once inside, I spoke with Mrs, Cindy Anthony, who was seated in the family room speaking to three men who were later identified as two attorneys representing Casey Anthony and another attorney/friend who was present representing the interest of Cindy and George Anthony. I explained to Mrs. Anthony that I was not certain if I could speak freely and she assured me it was okay. I explained to her that Detective Corporal Yuri Melich asked me to come by and ask for permission to examine their yard during the daylight hours. I cautioned her that she was under no obligation to allow me to examine her yard or house. I continued by explaining to her that she had every right to ask me to leave and I would respect her wishes. One of the attorneys, who I believe was Cindy and George Anthony's attorney, told me that I covered it. He told me "it was fine", which I took as meaning my discussion with Cindy and George Anthony about their willingness to allow me consent to search the premise. The attorney told me that I was welcomed here and Cindy and George Anthony echoed those sentiments as George Anthony showed me how to get into the back yard from his family room.I walked out onto the back porch followed by George Anthony. I explained to him the reason for my visit and told him about the recent discovery that Casey borrowed the neighbor's shovel for a brief period of time. I told him I wanted to examine his back yard for evidence of freshly turned soil or any suspicious disturbed areas. George Anthony walked with me into his back yard and assisted me in my examination of his yard by showing me what he thought might be suspicious areas in his back yard.George Anthony allowed me to search the inside of his three back yard sheds. The sheds were locked and were unlocked by George Anthony to facilitate my search. He told me that he and his wife had already searched through the sheds, but I was welcomed to check behind them. He told me that he even moved his granddaughter's playhouse and looked underneath it for evidence of foul play. The playhouse is positioned in the back yard on a deck of brick pavers.After completing an examination of the back yard, I spoke with Sergeant John Allen on the telephone and told him there was one small depression in the soil near the pool area that George Anthony agreed looked suspicious. Sergeant Allen told me he was coordinating the response of the cadaver dog and the Crime Scene Unit. Investigative Analysts Tanya DePalma and Awilda McBryde arrived at the residence and also assisted in the search of the back yard and the drainage easement area directly behind the Anthony's fence.At approximately 1900 hours, other units began arriving at the residence to include: Sergeant John Allen, CSI Gerardo Bloise, CSI Mike Vincent, K9 Corporal Mike Carden and two other K9 handlers, Commander Matthew Irwin, Detective Dave Clark, and Detective Kevin Kraubetz. The investigation was turned over to the K9 Units and the Crime Scene Investigators. I left the residence at approximately 2023 hours.

BANK OF AMERICA ENGAGEMENT

On Friday, July 18th, 2008, at approximately 1730 hours, I received a Crime Line Tip from the Orange County Sheriffs Office Communications Center which reported that a bank customer, Mr. Curtis Lampp, believed he saw Caylee Anthony in the lobby of the Bank Of America, located at 33 East Main Street, Apopka, Florida bank on today between 0930 and 0945 hours. I spoke with Mr. Lampp on the telephone to gain more details. Mr. Lampp told me that the girl he saw in the bank lobby looked so much like Caylee Anthony that he almost called her by name. I called the bank and spoke with Lynn Garrett and explained that needed to come speak with them today and possibly check their surveillance video for the day. She said the lobby of the bank would be closing at 1800 hours, but she would wait for me.


Orange County Sheriff's Office
Arrest Affidavit - Casey Marie Anthony
Date of Arrest: 07/16/2008 16:33:00
Case # 08-CF-10925
Discovery Documents Set#2 (Pages 85-90)
SUPPLEMENT #13 - INCIDENT REPORT (08/12/08):


I arrived at the bank and was allowed inside the locked doors by Lynn Garrett. I was able to collect the customer sign in log for the day, before they discarded it. Lynn Garrett and Lorraine Rodriguez went over the sign in log and helped me determine who came in the bank with a small child. After some discussion and recollection, they remembered a regular customer did come into the bank with her grand child and the grand child does resemble Caylee Anthony. Lynn Garrett gave me the name and telephone for the security person [Roy Gonzaque (407) 420-2889] from whom I would need to get a copy of the surveillance video.On Monday, July 22nd, 2008, at approximately 0941 hours, I spoke with Roy Gonzaque over the telephone and he agreed to send me a CD copy of the bank's video for the front lobby. I received the overnight package of the video on Tuesday at approximately 0900 hours. I reviewed the video and discovered the person of interest holding a small child who resembled Caylee Anthony. I printed a still photograph of the video and met with Lynn Garrett at approximately 1205 hours. She confirmed that the person holding the child was Pat Hooper and the child she was holding was her grand daughter.The customer sign in sheet was collected with a Property form. Both the customer sign in log and the video surveillance CD were placed into evidence.

KIOMARIE J. TORRES CRUZ ENGAGEMENT
On July 19th, 2008 at approximately 2030 hours, I received a telephone call from Kiomarie Torres Cruz. She told me she got my number from a friend named "Bailey [Bailey Dickens]" who got my number from Brian Burner. She wanted to tell me that she and Casey Anthony were best of friends in high school. She said Jessica, Casey and her were close friends. She told me that she thought it was important to tell me that she spoke with Casey over the telephone on July 9th, 2008 in the afternoon hours. She said Casey did not call from her cellular phone, which she had programmed into her telephone, because Casey's name did not come up on the screen when she answered it. She said she did not recognize the number, but thought the call was from a 407 area code. She said she answered the call thinking it was possibly work related. She said Casey asked her if she could borrow $150-$200 and she agreed and told Casey to call her when she needed to meet to get the money. She said while she was talking to Casey on the telephone she heard a female child's voice say mommy, mommy and Casey told the child, "Not now I am on the telephone." Kiomarie Torres Cruz said she heard cartoons in the background of the telephone conversation. [On July 20th, 2008, at approximately 2025 hours, Kiomarie Torres Cruz later called me to tell me that she was mistaken when she told me about talking to Casey Anthony on the telephone. She said she was actually talking to Casey Williams, not Casey Anthony. She said Casey Williams also has a young daughter]I asked Kiomarie Torres Cruz if she could provide me with an itemized T-Mobile bill for her July calls. She said she would have to check with her fiance, since the T-Mobile account was in his name and get back to me. She also told me she heard that Casey borrowed the neighbor's shovel and she immediately thought about their "hide-out" that they used to go to in the woods just around the corner from Casey Anthony's parent's house. She agreed to meet me in front of the Hidden Oak Elementary School tonight and take me to their special place in the woods.At approximately 2131 hours, Kiomarie Torres Cruz met with me in front of the Hidden Oak Elementary School and walked me back into the wooded area behind the school where she showed me where Casey, Jessica and her favorite spots to "hang out" were located. Afterwards, at approximately 2153 hours, Kiomarie Torres Cruz willingly without threat, promise or coercion provided me a recorded statement.She told me that the only babysitter she knew of when she and Casey worked at Universal Studios was Casey's mom and dad. She did not know Zenaida Gonzales. Kiomarie said the only Gonzales that she did know, was Ida [or similar name] Gonzales who lived on Hopespring Dr. down the street from Casey's parent's home. She never heard Casey talk about a baby sitter. She said she last time she saw Casey Anthony was a couple of months ago at the Super Walmart Store and she did not have Caylee with her.Kiomarie Torres Cruz also said that during Casey's pregnancy, Casey told her that she wanted put the baby up for adoption, but her mother would not let her. Kiomarie said she told Casey that she had the money and she would be interested in adopting her baby, because the doctor told her that she could not have children, but that never happened.Kiomarie Torres Cruz also said that she thought Casey Anthony was Bi-Polar and/or had mental issues. She remembered a time when Casey asked her something one day and when Kiomarie brought it up on the next day or talk about what she asked her the previous day, Casey would swear not having asked her.


Orange County Sheriff's Office
Arrest Affidavit - Casey Marie Anthony
Date of Arrest: 07/16/2008 16:33:00
Case # 08-CF-10925
Discovery Documents Set#2 (Pages 85-90)S
SUPPLEMENT #13 - INCIDENT REPORT (08/12/08):

The interview was recorded with the permission and knowledge of Kiomarie J. Torres Cruz. The interview lasted for approximately 20 minutes and concluded at approximately 2212 hours. This interview was recorded, copied from the digital recorder to a CD, transcribed from the CD to a typed written transcript and a copy of the audio CD and transcript are attached to this report.

Kiomarie Torres Cruz called me on July 20th, 2008, at approximately 1419 hours and told me that her fiance was not going to let her send me an itemized account billing for her telephone that is under his account. (407) 927-1683. On July 20th, 2008, at approximately 2025 hours, Kiomarie Torres Cruz called me back to apologize that she was mistaken when she told me she talked to Casey Anthony on July 9th, 2008. She said she confused Casey Anthony with her friend Casey Williams. She said she actually spoke with Casey Williams, who also has a 2 1/2 year old girl. She said she spoke with Casey Williams today and that is what jogged her memory. She said Casey William's called her and wanted to borrow some money for her personal circumstance. She said she would call me tomorrow with the telephone number that Casey Williams used to call her. She said she thought that Casey Williams called from her boyfriend's apartment. On July 23rd,2008, at approximately 0940 hours, I spoke with Bailey Dickens who confined that he was the person who convinced Kiomarie Torres Cruz to call me with her insights into this case. At approximately 1558 hours, I received a telephone call from Kiomarie Torres Cruz in which she confirmed that she spoke with Casey Williams on July 9th, not Casey Anthony. She said Casey Williams wanted to borrow money to move back home because she and her boyfriend were not getting along and he had battered her. Kiomarie Torres Cruz said she did not loan her the money, because Casey William's mother wired her the money. Kiomarie gave me Casey Williams' telephone number, (407)856-8405, but when I called the telephone number I received a recording advising me the number was disconnected or not in service.

No comments:

Remember Caylee

Song: "Mad World" Gary Jules "I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.. It's a mad, mad world.." Video courtesy Sean Krause '08 Sleep Well Friend, Justice for Caylee has finally begun ~SM 6.23.11

2008-2011 © spoiledmom

photos: 2008 -2011 © spoiledmom images
(excludes media photos where indictated and credited to owner)

Page protected by CopyScape program to deter plagiarism.
I wrote it, don't steal it, copy it or publish as your own without author's express written consent.

copyright 2008-2011 "SpoiledMom". "All Rights Reserved" under Creative Commons Copyright. Includes all text, including, but not limited to, captions and post titles. Text not authored by SpoiledMom is credited to original author or reference.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

What Makes Me Spoiled.....

My photo
United States
child of God, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Friend. Live life with arms wide open, living, laughing, and loving out loud. Blessed for each day I am given. Cancer survivor x 2. And for this... I am Spoiled.